Colds are the singer’s nightmare! Just when you think your voice is sounding good, a cold hits you for three weeks and suddenly it’s all bad!
I’ve tried quite a few things to try stay clear. Front runner for me is definitely the tried and tested method of steam inhalation but using the variation of adding Thyme Essential Oil (available from most Health Food Shops):
- boil a kettle and grab a big towel
- put a little boiling water in a bowl and put the towel over your head to stop the steam escaping
- blow on the water gently and inhale the steam for a few minutes, until mucus is loosened
- add a little more boiling water and repeat
- add just one drop of Thyme Essential Oil. Quickly put the towel back over your head and inhale through your mouth, then your nose until the Thyme is all evaporated.
If I do this on first sign of a cold it disappears quickly. If I am lazy and let the cold develop it takes more inhalation sessions to shift it, but it still works.
Get rid of your cold, then come sing with us –
We would love to see you!
Leave a Reply